Physical activity is very important for maintaining good health. It is also useful in certain diseases, including prostatitis. Exercise has been proven to have a positive effect on a man's condition during prostatitis and can reduce the need for medication. And this is not surprising, because even a combination of general strengthening exercises (especially for prostatitis) can significantly strengthen the immune system, improve blood circulation and promote rapid recovery of glandular tissues.
What is useful exercise therapy for prostate inflammation
With regular exercise with prostatitis, you can achieve noticeable improvement in many indicators. This effect of exercise therapy is due to the fact that a specially selected complex is directed against edema, which can most likely provoke inflammatory processes in the organs located in the pelvic floor in men. If it is already too late to take action to prevent abnormal changes, there are prostatitis treatment exercises that include breathing exercises and a well-developed set of physical exercises for the deep muscles of the pelvis, legs and abdomen. This regimen is really curative as it acts on the symptoms and copes well with the causes of inflammation.
Exercise for prostatitis can help you get rid of the following symptoms:
- The patient is not bothered by urinary retention - active load on the deep muscles of the pelvis activates blood flow and lymph flow, which leads to a reduction in glandular swelling;
- Pain and discomfort during ejaculation are reduced due to the outflow of free fluid and toxins from the glandular tissues;
- Due to the inflow of nutrients and oxygen into the gland, its functioning is normalized, which leads to the restoration of hormonal balance and affects the general well-being of men - disappears irritation, normalizes sleep, restores sexual desire.
In addition, increased lymph flow initiates the natural defenses of the prostate - therapeutic exercise strengthens the immune system, promotes the rapid elimination of pathogenic microflora (if any), and reduces the severity of inflammation. In addition, the set of exercises inevitably affects the male body as a whole, as it strengthens the immune system, makes deep breathing and fights blood stagnation.
Principles of training
According to the scheme approved by urologists, physical exercises for prostatitis should meet the following tasks:
- Stimulant - a complex of exercise therapy enhances blood flow and metabolic processes, which provokes an increase in phagocytic activity in the prostate area;
- Therapeutic - Exercises cause regeneration of damaged tissues with a greater inflow of nutrients into the gland area;
- Recovery - a complex of exercise therapy leads to the normalization of the functions of the musculoskeletal system of men, the production of secretions and its release;
- Protective - Prostatitis exercises build local immunity, which inhibits the growth and reproduction of pathogenic flora.
To achieve all these goals, each exercise from prostatitis must be performed according to certain standards. First of all, physical education should not be used in the acute stage of prostatitis, which is manifested by pain and acute retention of urine. Secondly, corrective gymnastics should be stopped immediately when tangible discomfort appears during its implementation. Third, prostatitis exercises should be given enough time - at least 30 minutes a day. Fourth, for the steady improvement of a man's condition, prostatitis exercises should be given daily, not allowing a break for even one day.
Types of Prostatitis Exercises
The following rankings can be applied to prostatitis exercises, which are based on the principle of complexity of their implementation:
- Simple - complex for men according to Kegel. The backbone of such complexes consists of prostatitis exercises based on a latent (hidden, invisible) performance - anus compression and relaxation.
- Medium difficulty - exercises that can be performed lying down or sitting (suitable for overweight men with a weak physical base). For prostatitis such exercises are "scissors", "bicycle", foot swing, rolls on a gymnastic ball, thigh rotation.
- Complex - a complex that includes exercises that require balance to work many muscle groups. From this section, prostatitis exercises include leaning in a semi-sitting position, exercises "hanging", "bar" related to breathing exercises and more.
All the listed groups should be included in the daily complex and only in this case the concept of "therapeutic" will be fully justified.
The essence of this is that to eliminate inflammation in the prostate gland is necessary not only to strengthen the pelvic floor (its muscular component), but also to strengthen the spine, abdomen and thighs. An important moment is the normalization of the circulatory system and the heart, which is also achieved through regular exercise during prostatitis.
What exercises should be done daily
To eliminate inflammation, normalize blood circulation and lymph flow, improve prostate function, it is recommended to perform the following list of exercises for prostatitis daily:
- Compression of the anus according to Kegel - in different postures (sitting, standing, lying down) 50-100 times in one approach, 2-3 approaches per day;
- Semi-sitting on knees - 5-7 sitting in one set, at least two sets a day;
- Delivery of the knees to the chest from a standing position (legs tied) with a delay of 5 seconds - at least 6 repetitions, two sets per day;
- From a half-bent position, the body is tilted slightly forward, stand up and at this time spread both arms and one leg to the side - 3-5 repetitions for each leg, two sets a day;
- Lift the pelvis from a supine position with the legs tied together and hold the breath on top of the back arch for 5 seconds - 5-7 repetitions, 2 sets per day;
- From a supine position, hands on your back, closed legs raised, then open and hold for a minute, then lower and even out breathing - 2 repetitions, up to 3 sets per day.
In general, this complex is sufficient to normalize the condition of the prostate gland. It is important to remember that if pain occurs, you should stop exercising for a few days and then try to repeat them.